GRB/KN science counterpart as gravitational wave
This page is devoted to useful links for the 2022 ReadyforO4 Campaign III-GRB/KN science counterpart as GW.
The first one aims to focus on GRBs of Swift-BAT and Kilonova candidates of the Zwicky Transient Facility that may be associated with GW events during this ready for O4 campaign observing run. As before, we hope to gather enough data for a collaborative publication of GRANDMA.
We will also use this campaign to practice and train our procedure for O4.
Start and End of the campaign
The GRANDMA campaign will start on Thursday 13th of October, 16h00 UTC and will finish on Thursday 1st of December 16h00 UTC.
The campaign includes several members of our collaborations:
- The telescope teams, which is composed at least by one observer, one photometry expert, that operate a telescope or severals, for which several instruments can be mounted. The telescope team is also called collaboration. The telescope team will respond to the alerts and will provide both images and photometric results in low latency from observations of the GRBs and Kilonova candidates during several days.
- The follow-up advocate (FA), is the person of GRANDMA on shift duty 6h per day. A shift week lasts from the shift just after the Thursday GRANDMA telecon (regular ending at ~ 18H00 Paris Time) to the next Thursday telecon. The person is in charge of providing assistance to the telescope teams to guide their observations and write reports (GCN circular) that must be sent to the community. The FAs are assisted by the Weekly coordinator, a referent person that will manage all issues happening during the shift week
- The paper writing team, in charge of collecting the material for the GRANDMA publication and write the article
- The core GRANDMA team, and the PI, in charge of providing documentation and directives to interface the participants above.
- The work packages leaders, that provide technical material to the collaboration (photometry tutorials, infrastructure to receive the alert etc)
Guides (Teams and Follow-up advocates)
These guides aim to describe the role of the telescopes teams and the follow-up advocate roles during the campaign.
- Guide for the telescope team Telescope team guide (editable in google) and here for, telescope team guide (pdf via owncloud access) , contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guide for the follow-up advocates: follow-up advocate guide (pdf via owncloud access) contact email@example.com
This training is for the telescope team to familiare themselves on their role during the campaign and make sure they have access to all tools.The training is accessible to Training for the telescope teams (editable in google) and Training for the telescope teams (docx editable via owncloud).
In this campaign, Telescopes teams will upload their images in owncloud.
The follow-up advocates are trained by their corresponding week coordinator. See the Schedule here and name of your weekly coordinator. There is some cookbook and exercices proposed to FAs, see Cookbook for FAs
The Fas will interact with Skyportal-ICARE
Useful links during the campaign
- GRANDMA slack
- GRANDMA skyportal-ICARE
- GRANDMA owncloud, client installation here
- Link to Documentation for the campaign in the grandma owncloud
- Link to the report in GRANDMA owncloud, to deposit of the images and the phometry results. In this repo, select the event on the ~owncloud/Candidates/GRB/ or ~owncloud/Candidates/ZTF/ and deposit your image in ~owncloud/Candidates/GRB/Event/IMAGES or ~owncloud/Candidates/ZTF/Event/IMAGES/STACK/ and deposit your photometry results in ~owncloud/Candidates/GRB/Event/LOGBOOK/
- GRANDMA STDpipe photometry reduction software access
- GRANDMA mailing list, useful to contact the Weekly coordinator, the telescope teams and any member of GRANDMA
- GRANDMA zoom telecon link
All documentations presented in this page are property of the GRANDMA collaboration. Any use of this documentation / procedure in relation to GRANDMA’s observation campaigns for collaborations outside GRANDMA or members outside GRANDMA is strictly prohibited. In the case of forgery of this documentation and procedure, or part of it found / used outside of GRANDMA, the GRANDMA members at the origin of this leak will be excluded from the GRANDMA collaboration. In case of a wish from external members to use for their own purpose, a formal agreement regarding the exploitation of the documentation needs to be adressed to the PI (firstname.lastname@example.org).